Construction / Architecture / Project Management / Interior Design
The construction of a business is just as important as that of a building. If the foundations of a business are not designed with strength enough to cope with the workload or be robust enough to weather storms, a business is at risk of collapsing.
In the construction industry, it is vital to earn the customers’ trust by staying within budget, meeting deadlines, and delivering their dreams. Go Far Consulting’s principal, Elaine, has a Master Certificate in Project Management. In industries where projects have a reputation for constantly changing the scope of work, it can be hard to know if you’re making enough profit. There may be hidden costs that cause cash flow issues. Focusing on project management, maintaining excellent communications and attention to detail are stepping stones to producing excellent projects.
Go Far Consulting has developed the exclusive 4 M’s process that integrates a wide range of tools and resources to provide insightful and productive results specific to our client’s needs. GO FAR Consulting specializes in helping make the business actions intentional, well planned, and aligned with goals.
INCREASED MY AVERAGE QUOTE TO $100,000 PER QUOTE
Within the 4 M’s, one of the first steps we look at is risk. There are so many ways that a construction business is at risk and before we start to grow the business, we must create a solid foundation and mitigate risk.
Do you know where the business is most at risk?
- Am I protected from my clients? Can I get the money I’m owed?
- Where can people hold the business to ransom?
- What causes risk to cash flow?
- Is the business making the money it should be?
- How do you know if you’re saying yes to the right kind of projects., Who are your ideal clients?
- Risk monitoring can open up a whole can of worms, which is why some business owners neglect it.
- Is the marketing as effective as possible and gaining a return on that investment? How do you know?
- Has the business outgrown the current systems? Does software get used to its full capability?
- Have you addressed succession planning? How the business is set up now is key.
- How do you find quality employees and subcontractors with the appropriate skills?
- Are you mitigating risk with appropriate contracts?
Over the years GO FAR Consulting has worked with many construction and trade based companies to build and develop trades businesses successfully. GO FAR Consulting can help you understand and structure your business to put your own family and employees first, so you’ll be around to keep providing your expertise to clients. We have our exclusive 4 M’s technique to grow the business, and a team of experts to assist you every step of the way.
A building must be measured and inspected to make sure it is robust, level and correct. It is essential to continually measure and inspect a business in just the same manner.
We like to say, “What gets measured, gets managed.”
Contact us today at 510-326-0763 to get your company moving past your competition.