Partnerships can be a blessing and a curse. Having a partner or two alleviates the burden of one person taking up all the tasks to run a business. However, each person also has their own personalities and methods. These can often cause clashes between individuals. Such disagreements can create roadblocks to businesses moving forward or succeeding. Elaine works regularly with business partners to identify the unique challenges and personality differences. She has proven steps to create strong communication channels to help a partnership move past these difficulties and develop a good foundation of business planning to grow the business.
Within a partnership, it is common to feel frustrated or detached from your business. You may be thinking to yourself the following:
- I’m frustrated with my business partner because …
- I wish my partner would stop doing …
- I’m not sure what is going on with my business as my partner is doing …
- How can I bring on this client or service if my partner keeps doing …
- I’m all over the place with my business and don’t know what to do next.
It is often said too many chefs in the kitchen spoil the broth. Having more than one “leader” within a business can lead to mixed messages being given about your business and brand. Arguments can arise or debilitate a business due to the conflicts. Elaine has the expertise to work with individuals within a partnership to create both a strong communication channel and effective business planning to help grow the business. The 4 M’s formula Method, Management, Momentum & Money is her proven approach to helping partnerships get beyond their internal struggles to create a great product or service to their client/customers so they can grow their business.
Why should you hire a business coach?
As with any good relationship, challenges arise and it is often a result of personality or business approach. Additionally, just because there are two or more people involved in a business doesn’t mean that any person has the background to create the foundation needed for your business to grow. Partners often start their business and then find themselves overwhelmed. This can lead to feelings of inadequacy or that your partner isn’t “pulling their weight”. Elaine has worked with many partnerships to develop clear lines of communication and business tasks while helping them create strong business plans to take their business to the next level.
- Partners to better understand each others approach
- Create self-awareness and continual improvement
- Reduce barriers to business growth
- Develop a single brand that brings together each partners vision
- Get clear about and reach your goals
- Be accountable
- Create opportunities
- Identify blind spots
- Gain strategic focus
- Be or feel more accomplished and content
- See return on investment
- Objectively work through decision making
- Validate skills and abilities
- Strengthen your leadership skills and elevate those around you
Coaching is not about admitting that you are not capable of doing something. It is about recognizing that you could be even better at your business skills if you take the time to invest in it. This is true for partnerships more than any other type of business. Partnership business coaching focuses on helping individuals understand each other, gain better insight into their business, and create a solid foundation to move their business forward.
What to look for in a coach: The right match is key to the success of a coaching experience. Without it, the trust required for optimal partnership performance will not develop.
- Identify a coach who you feel a good connection to and can relate to your business. Having a comfort level ensures that you have maximum success.
- Someone that will push you and your partner while holding each of you accountable. They shouldn’t just be agreeing with everything you say but pushing you out of your “comfort” level to pursue your business mission.
- Make sure the coach you hire is experienced, continually learning, and currently successful and up to date with the latest trends. Past experience alone is not enough in this fast paced world we live in but ensure they are keeping in touch with current movements.
Partnerships often feel that their work together will be strong enough to get them past challenges. However, it is amazing how many challenges can arise, especially through personality differences. A good coach knows how to create great communication channels while also establishing good foundational blocks for the business. Learn about Go Far Consulting’s exclusive 4 M’s technique to help your partnership grow. Schedule your consultation today by calling 510-326-0763.